Another blog hop! These are pretty fun! Today, we’ll be going over 10 questions blogger In Omnia Paratus shared with us about fall.
1. Most equestrians quote fall as their favorite season to ride. Are you one of those that does? Or maybe not; what is your favorite season to ride, if so?
It’s 2-fold. I absolutely love fall and the leaves changing and the new nip in the air, (you know, for those climates that actually have trees and cold weather), but it’s also bittersweet because that means winter is coming. Spring is my favorite season to ride. The days get longer and it’s the promise of summer.
2. Do you clip your horse in the fall? Or maybe you wait a little longer?
I have actually never clipped a horse lol. This year, though I’m considering it. Amber doesn’t and probably won’t need much of a trim because she only grows enough hair to be warm, but my mom’s mare Whisper grows hair like she’s in the arctic. Now that she’s at home and it’s easier to blanket, we’ll probably have to clip her this year so she’ll stay more comfortable during the day.
3. Have any costume riding events in October on/near/around Halloween? What will your horse be dressed as? What about yourself? What would you dress as if money/time were absolutely no issue?
Ha, we just had a show with this! I was a pirate. Amber was…..a sort of pirate lol. If money were no issue I’d be a knight. With Amber dressed in battle armor. That or the Amazons and their horses from Wonder Woman lol.
4. Is your horse afraid of any autumn colors? Or maybe has a certain quirk that appears only in the autumn?
No, not really. She’s only wary of dusk. She’s not afraid of much.
5. Pumpkin spice. It’s everywhere right now. Find any natural pumpkin [squash] spice-esque recipes for your horse?
I haven’t! I actually don’t even know if she’d like pumpkin. She gets picky about carrots lol. Apples are one of the only things she’ll eat no question. And butterscotch.
6. We’re getting to the end of the calendar year, any final few “big-bang” shows to look forward to?
Our last show is in November, and it’s the cumulative show to win a buckle! Looking forward to seeing who can win!
7. Winter is coming. What are you doing to winterize your trailer/rig/car?
Even when I was in a snowy climate, I didn’t do anything. I mostly just went to a parking lot with my car, swerved it around a bit to test it, and then continued. Then I’ve had trucks, so snow isn’t a problem, and then here in Vegas we usually don’t get any snow so….yeah.
8. Do you have any autumn traditions you/your horse follow?
Unfortunately not. We’re pretty boring lol.
9. October in many places marks the beginning of deer hunting season. Does this affect your riding at all? Do you wear blaze orange or modify your schedule to accommodate the season?
No deer in Vegas, so no worrying about that!
10. What are you most looking forward to goal-wise as the final months of the calendar year approach?
I’m looking forward to that last show, but really looking forward to crossing off the dressage and jumping lesson goals. I’m super excited to start diving head-long into eventing!